Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (#7)

 Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly even created by The Broke and the Bookish, where book bloggers everywhere form Top 10 Lists based on some pretty interesting bookish prompts.

This week's prompt is:

Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession (bought, library, review copies)




This sounded like a really fun TTT post since I haven't been done Stacking the Shelves in a while now. I'm going to do this one a bit differently though: I'll list the most recent books that are on my Kindle at the moment, and then explain why it's one of the more recent. Why? Mostly because I can't tell the difference between which books I received recently and which I only read recently. *hides face behind hands* The books I got most recently are near the top of the page. As always, you can click on the covers for the Goodreads.


1. The Shattered Court by M.J. Scott - I finished reading this book just yesterday morning, which is why it's at the very front of my Kindle right now. I purchased it a while ago since it sounded interesting, but unfortunately, it was a huge disappointment. It also came as a huge surprise that this isn't even a YA novel; as it turns out, it's actually Adult Fantasy. I'm still debating whether I want to review this book, so if you'd like me to, please tell me below in the comments.

2. The Daring Exploits of a Runaway Heiress by Victoria Alexander - I actually downloaded this one not too long ago. I saw it around at Barnes & Noble, and then again at the airport on my vacation to Florida, so I figured what the heck, I might as well read it. I am, after all, in a Historical Fiction mood every now and then, and the blurb for this book sounds pretty unique.

3. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - I heard about this book first a few months ago after watching a vlog by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner. It sounded really interesting and so when I got the opportunity to get an advanced copy, I went for it. I tried to wait until it was closer to the release date, but I heard the book had diagrams and vignettes and I just couldn't do it. Guys. It was an amazing read. I still have to write a review, but it's going to be difficult to get my thoughts in one place.

4. A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis - This is my first book that I've read by the author, and I loved it. My favorite part is that there was no romance in it BUT I COULDN'T STOP MYSELF FROM READING. Now that's the mark of a good book. My review of this will be up...eventually. I heard it described from a blogger as "an asylum version of Sherlock" and Y E S.


5. A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery - I was seeing this book around on Twitter for a time, so I kind of just got this one on a whim. The synopsis for this story sounds cliché without being cliché, which I'm a-okay with. It's just that I can predict the sappy without even reading it, so I'll have to wait until I'm in the right mood for this one. I hope it's good!

6. Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson - It's not even funny how much I wanted this book when I first saw bloggers receiving ARC's of it earlier in the year. It sounded right up my alley, and the cover is gorgeous. As with nearly all books, however, the closer it got to the release date, the lower my interest in the novel became. I've heard some not so inspiring things about this, and also some inspiring things, including that the ship is awesome. Hopefully I'll get to this one soon so I can form some of my own - hopefully positive - opinions.

7. Willful Machines by Tim Floreen - I received an advanced copy of this, and it's not exactly what I'm used to reading. I'm thinking this will get me out of my comfort zone/interests a bit, and maybe that's not such a bad thing. I hope it wows me. I love when books wow me when I don't expect them to :D


8. Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young - Truthfully, I haven't read any of Young's books yet, though I have wanted to for a while now. I think Hotel Ruby will be a good first book of hers for me to read, nonetheless. It sounds super interesting - the synopsis caught my attention the first time I read it, and I've been excited since. I can't recall if I've ever read a YA novel that takes place in a hotel, but it sounds like such a cool setting!

9. Madly by Amy Alward - So I was super excited for this when I first received this for review, but I have heard that this book is a bit more "fun" than the usual Young Adult. This has me on my guard, but I'm still eager to read it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't find it ridiculous, because I've had a bad experience with immature YA novels. It surprised me though to hear that the UK version was published already when the US version doesn't release until September...

10. Resonance by Erica O'Rourke - Funny story about this one, I haven't actually read Dissonance yet. *hears crickets in the audience* I know I know, it's horribly irresponsible of me, but on the bright side, I finally have a reason to push it up my TBR! I've heard nothing but good things about the series, so I expect it'll be quite a treat when I finally get to these books.


What are the last ten books that you bought/received/borrowed? Tell me below in the comments or link me up to your TTT post!